Environmental Policy Statement
Alltech E-CO2 is fully committed to improving our environmental performance across the business. We recognise that the quality of the environment is an integral part of the company’s operation and a prime responsibility of management and staff at every level. Our targets and objectives focus on reducing and mitigating the impact of our business activities, which fall into the following categories:
• Transport & Travel • Procurement & Consumables
• Waste Management • Legal and other Compliance Obligations
Furthermore, we provide our clients with the information, advice, and support they require to implement positive environmental management steps, and aim to engage with the wider industry to create opportunities for improvement. We seek continually to ensure that our knowledge and policies are up to date and relevant.
Our policy shall be actioned through:
• Compliancy as a minimum, with legislation and associated codes of practice, and to improve on the performance standards they specify where it is reasonably practicable to do so.
• Improving continually our Environment Management System to achieve the effective use of raw materials, water, waste and energy.
• Performing educational training for all employees to improve their awareness and consideration for the environment, and the importance of environmental protection.
• Continually improving the efficiency of environmental protection.
• Establishing effective communication with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Wherever possible to encourage suppliers and contractors to incorporate environmental requirements into goods and services they supply.
• Monitoring and reducing, environmental releases and production of waste are minimised, and energy is used efficiently.
Alltech E-CO2 will make available appropriate resources to implement the policy. The company will take all necessary steps, including measuring performance and auditing compliance, to ensure that the policy is understood and is being implemented and maintained at all levels.
The policy will be reviewed annually, updated when necessary and any revisions brought to the attention of all employees and those others who may be affected.